Frei Solicitors is an international, boutique luxury asset law firm based in Mayfair, London.
We are a team of professionals focused on delivering quality legal services, providing strategic guidance that emphasises exemplary services to our clients. Our clients welcome our practical yet sensitive approach to their private financial affairs. Therefore, our policy is built on trust, integrity, and transparency, with no room for error.
Due to the continued rapid growth of the business, we are pleased to be recruiting a Superyachts Solicitor with a minimum of 15 years of experience. The right candidate will join a team of solicitors specialising in various areas of law and act on behalf of a broad range of UHNW clients in the U.K & abroad.
The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of maritime law, private client services, and the unique facets of the super yachts industry. This role will involve providing legal advice to clients on the purchase, sale, construction, charter, financing, and management of superyachts.
- A qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in maritime law, specifically dealing with superyachts.
- Experience in international transactions and multi-jurisdictional issues related to superyachts.
- Demonstrable experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Able to provide clear, concise, and practical legal advice.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Additional language skills would be an asset.
- Have strong client relationship management experience, ideally within a law firm or professional services environment.
- Travel to clients nationally and internationally as and when required.
- Hold a related bachelor’s degree in the field.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Have exposure to UHNWI & Luxury environment.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a global/diverse outlook and understanding of cultures and traditions.
- Exhibit confidentiality, diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
- Provide legal advice in the fields of yacht sale and purchase, construction, registration, financing, management, and charter.
- Represent clients in negotiations, disputes, and litigation cases related to superyachts.
- Draft and review contracts and other legal documents relating to superyachts, such as sale/purchase agreements, charter contracts, and financing agreements.
- Maintain updated knowledge on regulations, laws, and industry practices pertaining to superyachts.
- Coordinate and liaise with local and international authorities, as well as industry experts.
- Conduct due diligence checks for transactions involving superyachts.
- Provide advice on tax matters, insurance issues, crew employment contracts, and maritime safety regulations.
- Assist clients in dispute resolution and risk management.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- In-depth knowledge of private client services, tax, and regulatory matters related to superyachts.
- A strong commercial mindset and understanding of the super yacht industry.
- Existing relationships within the yachting industry.
- Proficiency in additional languages.
The position reports to the CEO.
Location: 100% Hybrid.
Hourly Rate: To be negotiated based on experience.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Hybrid working (from home, company offices and abroad).
- Work-life balance.
- International travel to luxurious destinations.
- Exposure to UHNW networking events.
- Varied workload.