Frei Solicitors is an international, boutique luxury asset law firm based in Mayfair, London.
We are a team of professionals focused on delivering quality legal services, providing strategic guidance that emphasises exemplary services to our clients. Our clients welcome our practical yet sensitive approach to their private financial affairs. Therefore, our policy is built on trust, integrity, and transparency, with no room for error.
Due to the continued rapid growth of the business, we are pleased to be recruiting an International Trade & Commodities Solicitor with a minimum of 15 years of experience. The right candidate will join a team of solicitors specialising in various areas of law and act on behalf of a broad range of UHNW clients in the U.K & abroad.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in international trade law, specifically as it applies to commodities. This role involves providing comprehensive legal advice on various aspects of international trade and commodities, including contracts, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in international trade and commodities law.
- Demonstrable experience in handling complex transactions and disputes in the field of international trade and commodities.
- Proven experience in contract drafting and negotiation within the international trade and commodities sector.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and provide high-quality client service and response.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capability to provide clear, concise, and practical legal advice.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Have strong client relationship management experience, ideally within a law firm or professional services environment.
- Travel to clients nationally and internationally as and when required.
- Hold a related bachelor’s degree in the field.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Have exposure to UHNWI & Luxury environment.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a global/diverse outlook and understanding of cultures and traditions.
- Exhibit confidentiality, diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
- Provide legal advice on various matters related to international trade and commodities, such as contracts, transactions, regulatory compliance, and dispute resolution.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts for the purchase, sale, and transport of commodities.
- Represent clients in disputes involving commodity transactions, including arbitrations and litigations.
- Provide advice on compliance with regulations related to international trade and commodities, including customs laws, trade sanctions, and export controls.
- Conduct due diligence checks for transactions involving international trade and commodities.
- Stay abreast of changes in international trade and commodities law and advise clients accordingly.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, regulatory authorities, and industry experts.
- Provide legal counsel on risk management related to international trade and commodities.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance in international trade and commodities.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the commodities market.
- Existing relationships within the international trade and commodities industry.
- Proficiency in additional languages would be beneficial.
The position reports to the CEO.
Location: 100% Hybrid.
Hourly Rate: To be negotiated based on experience.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Hybrid working (from home, company offices and abroad).
- Work-life balance.
- International travel to luxurious destinations.
- Exposure to UHNW networking events.
- Varied workload.