Frei Solicitors is an international, boutique luxury asset law firm based in Mayfair, London.
We are a team of professionals focused on delivering quality legal services, providing strategic guidance that emphasises exemplary services to our clients. Our clients welcome our practical yet sensitive approach to their private financial affairs. Therefore, our policy is built on trust, integrity, and transparency, with no room for error.
Due to the continued rapid growth of the business, we are pleased to be recruiting an Aviation Solicitor with a minimum of 15 years of experience. The right candidate will join a team of solicitors specialising in various areas of law and act on behalf of a broad range of UHNW clients in the U.K & abroad.
The successful candidate will be skilled in aviation law, with an emphasis on providing legal advice and services to our clients in the aviation industry. This role will involve addressing issues related to aircraft transactions, financing, leasing, regulatory matters, and dispute resolution.
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in aviation law.
- Demonstrable experience in international aviation transactions and multi-jurisdictional issues.
- Solid experience in contract drafting and negotiation within the aviation sector.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information with discretion and deliver high-quality client service and response.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capability to provide clear, concise, and practical legal advice.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are beneficial.
- Have strong client relationship management experience, ideally within a law firm or professional services environment.
- Travel to clients nationally and internationally as and when required.
- Hold a related bachelor’s degree in the field.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Have exposure to UHNWI & Luxury environment.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a global/diverse outlook and understanding of cultures and traditions.
- Exhibit confidentiality, diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
- Advise clients on the purchase, sale, leasing, and financing of aircrafts, including drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents.
- Handle legal matters related to aircraft registration, insurance, and compliance with national and international aviation regulations.
- Represent clients in aviation-related disputes and litigation.
- Provide counsel on aviation regulatory matters, including safety standards, environmental regulations, and competition law.
- Conduct due diligence checks for transactions involving aircrafts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, aviation authorities, and industry experts.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in aviation law and industry practices.
- Provide legal counsel on risk management and dispute resolution related to aviation matters.
- Knowledge of private client services, tax, and regulatory matters related to the aviation industry.
- A strong commercial approach and understanding of the aviation sector.
- Existing relationships within the aviation industry.
- Proficiency in additional languages.
The position reports to the CEO.
Location: 100% Hybrid.
Hourly Rate: To be negotiated based on experience.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Hybrid working (from home, company offices and abroad).
- Work-life balance.
- International travel to luxurious destinations.
- Exposure to UHNW networking events.
- Varied workload.