We will help you resolve your disputes through alternative dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation or litigation worldwide.
Able To Advise
Based in the heart of Mayfair with a global reach, we provide comprehensive advice to affluent clients from around the world, including aviation disputes, real estate disputes (commercial property), banking and financial disputes, shipping disputes, corporate and commercial disputes, energy disputes, trade and commodities disputes and international arbitration.
Please explore our areas of law for more information on our services.
Clear, Practical Advice
We determine our client’s objectives during the initial meeting, and always work towards our client’s timetable. We enjoy working with our clients and strive to build a lasting relationship, by providing clear, practical advice, across a range of matters such as aviation disputes, real estate disputes, banking and financial service disputes and international arbitration.
If you would like to hear more about our commercial law services, please consider getting in touch with us and one of our expert solicitors will be happy to assist you.
Areas Of Law
Aviation Dispute law focuses on resolving disputes that arise in the aviation industry. This can include disputes related to aircraft ownership and leasing, airport operations, aviation accidents and other aviation-related matters.
The field incorporates a range of legal tools and strategies, including litigation, arbitration, mediation and requires a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape of the aviation industry.
- Contract disputes
- Cross-border arbitration
- General aviation claims
- Insurance liability matters
- Leases disputes
- Repossession of aircraft
- Sale and purchase agreements disputes
Banking and financial services disputes law deals with legal disputes that may arise between financial institutions and their clients, other financial institutions, or regulatory authorities.
The issues involved in these disputes may include breach of contract, negligence, fraud, misrepresentation, regulatory compliance and insolvency.
- Asset recovery
- Bondholder disputes
- Cross border finance litigation of ancillary documents
- Enforcement of securities
- Financial crime, fraud, money laundering and bribery
- Restructuring of financial agreements
- Securities disputes
- Tax disputes
- Trade finance disputes
Corporate and commercial dispute law deals with legal issues and conflicts that may arise between businesses, shareholders and stakeholders.
The issues involved in these disputes may include breach of contract, shareholder disputes, intellectual property disputes and regulatory compliance.
- Breach of contract
- Commercial contracts disputes
- Contentious transactions
- Corporate disputes
- Corporate governance disputes
- Investment disputes
- Joint ventures disputes
- Post Mergers &
- Acquisitions disputes
- Shareholders disputes
Energy dispute law deals with legal issues and conflicts that may arise in the energy sector.
These disputes can range from contractual disputes to regulatory issues and may involve companies, governments or individuals.
- Cross-border energy investments disputes
- Disputes arising under the Energy Charter Treaty
- Environmental disputes
- Insurance issues
- Joint ventures arrangements disputes
- Long-term sale agreements disputes
- Pricing disputes
- Production sharing contracts (PSC) disputes
- Project agreements disputes
International arbitration law deals with the resolution of commercial disputes between parties located in different countries. It involves the use of a neutral arbitrator or panel of arbitrators to resolve disputes outside of the traditional court system.
The goal of international arbitration law is to provide parties with a fair and efficient process for resolving their disputes outside of the traditional court system, while ensuring that the outcome is enforceable and recognised under international law.
- FOSFA: Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Association
- GAFTA: Grain and Feed Trade Association
- ICC: International Chamber of Commerce
- ICSID: International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- LCIA: London Court of International Arbitration
- LMAA: London Maritime Arbitrators Association
- LME: London Metal Exchange
- UNCITRAL : United Nations Commission on International Trade Law 1958 New York Convention
- Drafting arbitration agreements and clauses
- Enforcing arbitral awards
- International commercial and investment treaty arbitration
Real Estate Disputes (Commercial Property) law deals with legal disputes arising from commercial property transactions. These disputes can involve issues such as breach of contract, landlord and tenant disputes, property damage and title disputes.
The goal of real estate dispute law is to help clients resolve their disputes as efficiently and effectively as possible while protecting their interests. Solicitors in this area of law work to achieve a satisfactory outcome for their clients while minimising the costs and disruption that often come with legal disputes.
- Asset management disputes
- Break notice disputes
- Business tenancy claims under the Landlords and Tenant Act 1954
- Contentious lease renewals
- Joint ventures disputes
- Planning and development disputes
- Possession and forfeiture actions
- Property management disputes
- Recovery of possession of property
- Redevelopment strategy disputes
- Rent review disputes
Shipping dispute law is a complex area of law that deals with disputes related to the shipment of goods by sea. Such disputes may involve issues such as cargo damage, delay, loss, charter party disputes, collisions, salvage and marine insurance.
- Admiralty disputes
- Bills of lading and cargo claims
- Charterparties disputes
- Collisions and groundings
- Contractual disputes
- Dry shipping disputes
- Environment and pollution disputes
- Marine Insurance disputes
- Personal injury
- Salvage, towage, wreck removal
- Ship arrest, attach and release
- Ship building contract disputes
- Specialist Arbitration under the LMAA (London
- Maritime Arbitrators Association) rules
- Unsafe port claims
Trade and Commodities Disputes law deals with disputes related to the buying, selling, transportation of goods, including raw materials, agricultural products and energy resources.
These disputes can arise due to breaches of contract, quality disputes, price fluctuations, transportation, insurance issues and other related matters.
- Grain & Feed Trade Association (GAFTA)
- Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Association (FOSFA)
- Refined Sugar Association (RSA)
- London Metal Exchange (LME)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- Charterparty and bills of lading disputes
- Contracts of affreightment and carriage of goods contract disputes
- Distribution agreements disputes
- International trade agreements disputes
- Letter of credit disputes
- Sale and purchase contracts disputes
- Structured trade finance transactions disputes